Due to the volume of e-mail that I receive I must request that
you follow specific guidelines when communicating with me
concerning class. Failure to follow these
guidelines will at least result in an ignored message and at
most result in a lower grade.
Make sure the e-mail subject conforms exactly as follows:
|Type of email
|Homework turn in
||CourseNumber Homework # - Your Code #
|Requests for help
||CourseNumber HELP - subject of help
||3360 HELP - I've fallen down and can't get up
|Anything else about class
||4348 Is Monday the first day of next week?
To make sure that I see your email and homeworks please see that attachments conform as follows:
- All files, for homeworks, presentations, help or any other
purpose, should be sent as an attachment.
I mostly ignore files sent in the body of the e-mail message.
- Unless they are java class files, all files should be
named according to the following format. If they are .java files
PLEASE do not rename them or they will not run!
- CourseNumber is the course number you are discussing. Linux
is 3351, Strategy is 4385, etc.
- Files should be named HW#-????.xxx
- # represents the assignment number (1, 2, 3, etc) (2a, 2b,
etc if an assignment is multipart)
- ???? is the student code that we have discussed in class. If you wish this
changed simply email me the four digits you would like to
- xxx is the correct document extention. For instance
doc is typically used for Word documents, xls for Excel
documents, and html for Frontpage html documents.
- A student with a code number of 6789 turning in homework 4
would attach file HW4-6789.doc (for a Word file).